Monday, March 19, 2007

Chinese New Year Parade

Photos actually taken a couple weeks ago, but I figured better late than never. The parade was surprisingly large. I should not be surprised at this point--Wellington knows how to do parades--but I was still impressed. The procession marched down Courteney Street and over to the waterfront, then to the convention centre.








Following along, we spotted Dragonboats in the harbour. Last weekened, there was a large race of these boats. Teams can come from any group - work, clubs, friends. Some dress up and do whacky things, others take it very seriously. I will confess that we had other plans and did not actually see the race, but I have been talking with some people at work about starting a team (everyone agrees that DOC should have a Dragonboat team!). I may be sorry, though. We know someone on one of the teams and it sounds like fun to be on one, but also hard work!

No comments: